S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
The Marlin Club
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > The Forums > The Marlin Club

The Marlin Club The one and only - better than ever! C'mon in and pull up a stool.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Benevolent Dictator

MarlinNut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MarlinNut
Default Your Thoughts on Forums

So I'm at that point I go through each season when I decide what changes I want to make - or not make - here at SCMO. Actually, I'm lagging a bit ... I should have done this about a month ago. Oh well.

Anyway, the first big change is already in place with the introduction of the MarlinBlog (you are reading it, right?). Now that it's part of the main site, it basically replaces the current "Stan's Take" forum. So I started thinking about other changes that could/should be made to the forums.

To the credit of all, we're getting pretty good usage of most of the forums. For years, it was a bloody battle to get certain folks (who shall remain nameless but know who they are }> ) to use anything other than the MC. Now, we're getting decent action in most forums, although a few continue to lag.

The one disapointment so far has been the Photo Forum. A lot of folks asked for that one, but so far there is only a handful (literally) of posts. I'll probably leave it there, if nothing else than as a monument to it's own failure.

Because I always am looking for ways to make SCMO a destination site for web visitors and not just a place to come when you want marlin info, I'm thinking of adding at least one forum for non-fishing related posts. We all have questions, opinions, jokes, whatever to share - that would be the place. If done right, and if accepted by the membership, it could easily become the most popular forum on the site (I've seen it happen elsewhere).

This new forum would form a trifecta of features (along with the MarlinBlog and the Internet Portal) to make SCMO your jumping off spot for the web. I've always used SCMO as my home page; I'd like the rest of the world to do the same.

So, let me know your thoughts. Am I on to something, or am I smoking something. Got any ideas on how to achieve web world domination? Or just a comment? Bring 'em on!
http://www.marlinnut.com/user/banana.gif

You cannot be a sportsman and not care about the fish. You can be a fisherman, but not a sportsman, and no self-respecting angler should settle for being just a fisherman.