S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
Trip Reporter
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > The Forums > Trip Reporter

Trip Reporter Tell us the details of your recent offshore trips - successful or not!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2000, 11:41 AM
Josh Dunlap
Anonymous Bosh

Default Bigeye

We had the day of a lifetime 9-18-00 on our boat Striper out of Ensenada. After a quad on the jigs and a little chum we had bigeye boiling around the boat for about 2.5 hours. I got 71#,76# & 81# fish. Got the 1st one on the troll rod with 100# test. I caught the 2nd on 50# and a mackerel & the 3rd on 50# and a tiny chovy (all we had left) pinned on a 1/0 hook. The chovy was just sinking sideways with the weight of the hook & I was just feeding out line & I saw the monster eat it about 10' from the boat. It was an awesome show. After the second one I almost quite fishing just to swim with them. On our way back we had a stop on 25 - 30# albies. That turned into small yellowfin and a dorado with plastic.

Bookmarks

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search