S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
The Marlin Club
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > The Forums > The Marlin Club

The Marlin Club The one and only - better than ever! C'mon in and pull up a stool.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Benevolent Dictator

MarlinNut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MarlinNut
Exclamation Marlin Club Archives

One of the few good things about getting older is that with age comes experience. That's as true for websites as for people, and we've built quite a base of knowledge here at the Marlin Club.

Ever since 2000, we've used software that has allowed us to pull forward all the previous version's messages, and you can search the current MC and read those messages. But the forum existed for three years before that, and since the messages couldn't be converted for use in the newer forum software, they were lost.

Fortunately, the Home Office staff found themselves with time on their hands last year, and make a project out of manually recreating some of those lost messages. They're in the original format - hideous backgrounds and all - and make for some great reading. Use the link below to access the Archives, and happy reading!

Marlin Club Archives

You cannot be a sportsman and not care about the fish. You can be a fisherman, but not a sportsman, and no self-respecting angler should settle for being just a fisherman.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Apiwat
Default Re: Marlin Club Archives

I haven't been back here for a while but I can't believe it has been over 13 years since I've posted on SCMO!

Stan - was this the very first web page ever for SCMO?: Welcome To The Marlin Club I used to post under the name A.R. and reading my old posts bring back a lot of memories.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Benevolent Dictator

MarlinNut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MarlinNut

First, it's great to see you trolling in our waters once again ...

That is one of the very oldest pages of the site - it dates back to late '96, when we first established the posting boards as an external adjunct to what was at the time an AOL homepage. The rest, as we say, is history ...

You cannot be a sportsman and not care about the fish. You can be a fisherman, but not a sportsman, and no self-respecting angler should settle for being just a fisherman.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Apiwat

Thanks for the info Stan. If you look under the Pinas Bay post, on Dec 21 1996, I made my first post on SCMO and Bill Hilton and I still correspond with each other by email! How time flies...
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 AM

jgbgamefish
Smile Re: Marlin Club Archives

Still alive after AAA troubles...
Gerard
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 AM

nschoombie@live.ca is on a distinguished road

I want to speak to Captain Gerrit Franck ex Comoros Islands . Nic Schoombie , South African Ambassador to ROC taiwan . He is my friend and I miss him dearly. Maybe he is in the Azores . Please help here if anybody can . It would be dearly appreciated . n.My adres is nschoombie @live.ca