MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > From The Home Office > Communiqués

Communiqués News and information regarding the forums and SCMO in general

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:22 PM

Dara
Default Papa Ross Stotesbury

Dear Friends-

With great sadness and a heavy heart I wanted let all of you know about the passing of my father on Monday, June 21, 2010. "Papa Ross" passed peacefully at home of natural causes while busy working on his boat in his driveway. He was 72 years old and has been married to my mother, Roberta, for over 52 years.

The entire Stotesbury family has rallied around our mom and are doing all we can to comfort her during this extremely difficult time. I know my mom would appreciate any and all support from any of our friends who wish to contact her or send her a note of remembrance or condolence.

Our family is very lucky to be so close and loving, but we are all struggling to deal with the loss of my dad. We all have many hundreds of memories of time on the water with "Papa". He was an amazing father, husband, granddad, fisherman, waterman, cook, carpenter, outdoorsman, mentor, and recently great-granddad to my new grandson, Gregory Scott Johnson.

A celebration of a life well lived will be held on Sat. July 10th @ 1:00pm
If you knew Ross and would like to attend please email Dara @ darastotesbury@cox.net for more information. All are welcome to attend!!
Our family thanks you all for your love, support and friendship...GS