S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
The Marlin Club
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > The Forums > The Marlin Club

The Marlin Club The one and only - better than ever! C'mon in and pull up a stool.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 AM

MNAC Member
Wasabi
Default Re: Build Your Own Troll Pro and Save $125.00 !

Yes, it's a tear drop zinc. Available through Westmarine.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM

Cap. Antonio Amaral is on a distinguished road

What is the weight of the ballast?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:12 AM

fedu is on a distinguished road

Well, got one, thinking on trying it on billish spread but been thinking about it and having another "thing" in the water to clean before chasing the fish does not seem a good ideia.

For a couple of days now I've been thinking on changing it onto a teaser, imagine something like a lighningbolt teaser with the camera on the back, or having some reflective tape around it, probably a dumb idea but...

Last edited by fedu; 06-12-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:00 PM

SeeAndrew is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the post. I built one from your directions and used it for the first time today offshore in Cape Canaveral. Works like a charm! I'll post some footage in the next few days and link it on YouTube if anyone is interested. The water was mirky today but that's just the way it goes sometimes. No issues whatsoever and I now have a Troll Pro for around $30. The Anode from West Marine was the most expensive part for $12 but it was well worth it.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 AM

MNAC Member
Wasabi

Great Work! Yes, please. Share some video!

Show us a picture of your completed camera housing.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM

Edgewater is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeAndrew View Post
Thanks for the post. I built one from your directions and used it for the first time today offshore in Cape Canaveral. Works like a charm! I'll post some footage in the next few days and link it on YouTube if anyone is interested. The water was mirky today but that's just the way it goes sometimes. No issues whatsoever and I now have a Troll Pro for around $30. The Anode from West Marine was the most expensive part for $12 but it was well worth it.
There are two similar tear drop anodes at west marine, is the one you used the 2.0, or the larger one?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM

MNAC Member
Wasabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewater View Post
There are two similar tear drop anodes at west marine, is the one you used the 2.0, or the larger one?
The larger one.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Off the NC Coast

OIMarlin is on a distinguished road

Mine is a little different but the same concept. I did add two small finlets on this one. This is the third one I have made for myself. The finlets should take some of the wobble out.

Here is a little footage from the last housing.

Click on the link:
*** A little Tease ! ***

Click on the link:
*** Underwater Test ! ***

Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM

Sincronex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
The GoPro Camera bug has bitten us, too!

Have you ever wanted to take excellent underwater HD video of fish hitting your spread? Well, we did, as well.

We got ourselves a GoPro Camera and then looked around at the options for trolling it. Of course, the TrollPro was the obvious choice.

But HOLY SMOKES! They want $150.00 for a bit of pvc and and a zinc anode !

Well, we're kinda cheap. It didn't take a genius to figure out how to make one ourselves. A little help from some other websites and we were good to go.

Here's how you can make your own with a bit of pvc and a tripod mount for your GoPro Camera.

First of all. Get your pvc. You need a 2"x4" adapter, two pieces of 2" pvc about 4" each will do. Also a piece of 2" coupling. Then you need a 2" pvc end cap. You also need a ss eye-ring screw/bolt. We spent the extra money to buy one welded shut but it's not necessary. I was just paranoid

Buy yourself a tripod adapter for the GoPro Camera. Costs about $7.00 down at Best Buy. Drill a hole and mount the tripod adapter. Drill an extra hole large enough to fit an allen wrench through so that you can mount and dismount the camera from your new TrollPro.

No take the $125.00 you just saved and buy yourself some nice plastics !!

Can't wait to try it out !

Cheers,
Richard

P.S. Now that I've made it I realized I could have sanded it down and painted it with those great new Krylon Plastic Spray Paints and given it Mahi colors. Oh well. Next time !
Tell me how did it go?? Did it break?? Did you out it under test pressure to see if you would lose your go pro???

These are the things you would have to consider, they have done all the tests to make sure you can't loose your gopro unless a big fish bites it off... Or you exceed the 10knot Trolling speed...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Biddy is on a distinguished road

Nice one Wasabi, Have you had any thoughts as to if its possable to see real time live footage on your Iphone WI FI I dont think its possable as wifi dosnt work under water . Thoughts?