S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
Welcome Aboard
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > From The Home Office > Welcome Aboard

Welcome Aboard Introduce yourself to the rest of our community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM

MichaelK is on a distinguished road
Default Hello all...

Just wanted to drop a line in and say hello. I am a newbie so please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions. I fish out of North Carolina for the most part have traveled to a few places Cabo Bahamas and Costa Rica and have caught a few fish. Really begining my billfish addiction here as far as other pelagics ive become quiet good at keeping g the decks bloody but the call of Ole Blue keeps sucking me back. Look forward to following along.....
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM

dustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello all...

You're definitely in one of the better parts of the world to answer the blue marlin call Michael! Where is your home port?

Edit: I forgot to add - hope Sandy didn't mess up your area too much.

Last edited by dustin; 11-01-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM

I fish out of Southport NC mostly Dustin. Looking to ger some bills rolling down here not as well noted as the Outer Banks and Morehead City but the do have to come by here to get there. Our worst hinderance is a 65 mile run to productive waters and that's just to put the lines in. But as the Ocean goes you never know the only blue I ever hooked out of here was in 65 foot of water on a ledge 16 miles off the beach. He was a little rat 150-200 but he melted a speedmaster were were kingfishing with...... as far as Hurricane Sandy we fairest pretty well here just some beach erosion and that's about it. Looking to learn ....
Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Off the NC Coast

OIMarlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK View Post
I fish out of Southport NC mostly Dustin. Looking to ger some bills rolling down here not as well noted as the Outer Banks and Morehead City but the do have to come by here to get there. Our worst hinderance is a 65 mile run to productive waters and that's just to put the lines in. But as the Ocean goes you never know the only blue I ever hooked out of here was in 65 foot of water on a ledge 16 miles off the beach. He was a little rat 150-200 but he melted a speedmaster were were kingfishing with...... as far as Hurricane Sandy we fairest pretty well here just some beach erosion and that's about it. Looking to learn ....
Once you hook one or two you are HOOKED!! You need to keep in touch with me. If you want to come up to Oregon Inlet and fish let me know I will make it happen. Mark
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Thanks Mark I will do that for sure! Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM

tatume is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIMarlin View Post
Once you hook one or two you are HOOKED!! You need to keep in touch with me. If you want to come up to Oregon Inlet and fish let me know I will make it happen. Mark
Hi Mark,

How is Oregon Inlet doing? Last year and the year before the channel was downright treacherous.