S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
Welcome Aboard
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > From The Home Office > Welcome Aboard

Welcome Aboard Introduce yourself to the rest of our community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Ddog is on a distinguished road
Default Newbe from the prairies

Probably not all that many people from the Canadian Prairies that are after Marlin, but I got the bug after taking my first trip in Mexico while on winter vacation. The last several years I've been out in Hawaii, Puerto Vallarta, Hautulco and Cabo.
I mostly fish Salmon and Halibut off the west coast of Vancouver Island in the summer months, which I just love to do, but lately my thoughts are on Marlin. Iv'e been collecting a lot of gear in the last few years for both Marlin and long range Tuna fishing. I spend a lot of time on the computer getting ideas to tie up my rigs and seeing what kind of lures people have had success with. Lately I have been collecting a bunch of stuff to start making some marlin lure heads that I will play around with to find ones that have good action and what I think might look good to a Marlin. I know a lot of the basics, but want to learn what I can from some of the experts that are part of this forum.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Benevolent Dictator

MarlinNut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MarlinNut
Default Re: Newbe from the prairies

I've seen the disease spread before, and you are a classic case ... welcome aboard!

You cannot be a sportsman and not care about the fish. You can be a fisherman, but not a sportsman, and no self-respecting angler should settle for being just a fisherman.