S C M O
Advertise Your Product at SCMO
S C M O
The Offshore Angler's Online Home ©
Welcome Aboard
MarlinNut Forums  

Go Back   MarlinNut Forums > From The Home Office > Welcome Aboard

Welcome Aboard Introduce yourself to the rest of our community.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 04:11 AM

MikeS2942 is on a distinguished road
Default Newby Here!!

I have always enjoyed fishing one way or another. I began on the back of my Dad's shrimp boat as a deck hand and at 11 had my first boat. We had a place on the Colorado river in Matagorda Tx and early each morning I would slip away to one of several bays thru a cut or diversion channel. My father could never find me when he needed to and it aggregated him to the point he gave up looking for me. 45 years later I still have the same boat and have passed it down to my grandchildren.

I have bought several boats and kept them all to this day, now I have moved up to a 33 Bertram. I must say is is a great offshore ride and I couldn't ask for a better Cadillac of boats than this one. I have always dreamed of fishing for marlin and sailfish but never had the boat to get me out that far. I now have the boat but lack the experience. lol

I am glad to be here and I hope to learn a much more before the next Marlin season. Until then, you wil find me somewhere on the Texas Coast trolling for the wherever I can land on the deck!

Good morning and Tight Lines to all,
Mike!
Old 07-24-2015, 12:22 AM

dustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newby Here!!

Hey Mike,

My brother caught his first blue marlin from a B33 and I've seen them raise and catch fish very well indeed in Cape Verde and further north, in Portuguese waters. They're a great billfishing boat: I rate them well ahead of the more famous 31 footer.

There's plenty of commentary here from guys that fish/fished the gulf coast fishery - look up posts by Headhunter and Xanadu in particular. It seems like a great fishery, albeit you have to run out some distance - good luck out there!

dustin